Sunday, May 23, 2010

Week 3 of Singing

Next week is going to be a big week in my project!

First of all, I'm holding my recital this Friday (5/28), so I've spent the past week scrambling to organize everything for that. I'm getting to a point at which I'm so excited to show everyone what I'm working on, and musically, I have gotten to a point in which I have made the songs my own. But in terms of putting the event together, I've been busy making that all work. For example, I have made my own programs, helped design the lighting, and organized a finale with other performers. This finale has proved to be the hardest task I've faced, because I have to coordinate a keyboard, bass, drums, and three vocal parts together. However, this idea for the finale was all my own, and therefore, I am most attached to it.

Also, my work at the middle school is becoming really exciting as we prepare for their spring concert on Wednesday. This week especially, I've gotten the chance to really give my input to help the 7th and 8th grade choirs touch up their songs. I had been working the past few weeks to make sure that the kids had the music down thoroughly, but this week I got the chance to really make it into a performance with dynamics and other sorts of performance details. Ms. Bolton in that respect has been great and has let me take the lead in finishing up their songs. I'm really excited to see them perform and know that I'm going to feel so proud of them on Wednesday!

I can't wait to show everyone the product of my labor this month and am anxiously waiting for Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment